Thursday, September 6, 2007

Engineering Haiku


I shared this with Kyle a while ago. I thought I'd share with the rest of you:

Sometimes I get bored with work.

Recently I turned a bunch of the drawing notes into Haikus. The plans didn't go out this way...but I had fun...(and I realize that I have not maintained the spiritual aspect behind the idea of the Haiku...but cut me some slack: I'm dealing with drawings of water and sewer lines... :) )

***
Existing guardrail

gravel to match existing

see standard detail

***

Double doors go here

dead bolt with dummy handle

solid door anchors

***

saw cut and tack coat

seal finished edges here

only crushed backfill

***

Note: plumb in drop tube

to drain oil from genset

note all louvers size

***
and a note to the cad tech who made the drawing:

Like warm winter snow

lineweights are heavy and soft;

makes plan hard to read
***
x,
L

No comments: