Friday, August 24, 2007

From Cookie

Recently, you may know, I was found guilty of conspiracy and perjury for lying to a grand jury about my friends' involvement in a 2001 shooting outside the Hot 97 studios in Manhattan. I claimed not to have known that my
manager, and another friend were at the scene, despite video footage showing all three of us exiting the building.

On July 3, I was released from the Philadelphia Federal Detention Center. Hundreds of fans and supporters gathered around the prison as I made my release, holding a "Welcome Home" balloon and a dozen roses. After I waved to my fans and gave speeches to news reporters, I left in a Rolls Royce Phantom with a driver, telling the crowds, "Thank you, I love you all. I
was subsequently welcomed home by five different parties, including one hosted by VIBE magazine.

I am now looking for a new record deal. At this time Atlantic Records would like me to continue under their label, but I’m not so sure. According to my lawyers, Atlantic is offering me a whole new deal, but Interscope is trying to buy my contract.

There was also discussion about a possible re-release of The Naked Truth and I have released a re-mastered version of "The Game's In Trouble" to radio. I also recorded a mixtape track entitled "Brooklyn 4 Life" with Maino and Papoose.

I gave my first post-prison performance at VH1: Hip-Hop Honors where I paid tribute to MC Lyte. I performed "Lyte As A Rock" for Lyte's tribute. MC Lyte has paved the way for many rappers, including myself, and I was honored to show respect for such an amazing woman.

I am also slated to appear in two new movies, including one about my life. I have both a clothing and shoe line, which will be available soon. I have also signed a lucrative book deal about my life.

I can currently be heard on the remix to the popular Diddy song "Last Night feat. Keyshia Cole. When rumors surfaced about the remix, many believed I wouldn’t end up on the song, but they were proved wrong when it leaked. This shows the first time me & Diddy have worked together in many years, after our falling out.

In May of this year, a popular documentary surfaced from my former manager titled "Life After Death: The Movie" defending my convicted perjury and reprimanded my former Junior Mafia group members for testifying against me and other members of our estranged crew.

I made a surprise performance with Diddy and Keyshia Cole for remix to the "Last Night" at the 2007 BET Awards. Both me and Diddy have agreed we may be working together again in the future; he may sign me to Bad Boy records, but we haven’t worked it all out yet. I’m also working on my 5th studio album to be released sometime before Christmas. I don’t know what I’ll call it yet, but I’ll let y’all know when I do. Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Elizabeth "Cookie E." Colen

No comments: