Friday, August 24, 2007

From Rose

Hi friends near and far,
Wonderful to hear from you. John and I are doing well.
He sends his regards.

We live in Ballard (same as Jim- who still has the
cutest kid ever). I can't wait for Lynda to move to
Seattle. And Don, I'm looking forward to seeing you in
person too. I'm sorry that I have not been better
about keeping in touch with you and everyone else. I
ran into Blaine at the Zoo tunes concert, and it made
my week. By the way, congrats to Blaine- who got a
tenure track teaching job in Tacoma. I saw Tara De
Jong (from the class below us) yesterday. She has the
cutest brand new house in West Seattle and is teaching
middle school.

Anne, I have a work thing in October in Denver. Are
you still there? If so, let's try to see each other
while I am in town.

I'm reading Elizabeth's book. It is fantastic. I can't
think of much to say because it seems like a finished
book already -all it needs is a cover. You should all
read it.

Since grad school I have had 3 very different jobs....
Right now I am doing marketing/proposal writing for an
engineering consulting firm. How I ended up there
would take too long to explain.

But (as will come as no surprise to any of you) my
dream is to return to school in the not too distant
future. Right now, I am looking into pediatric
optometry, and am trying to set up an internship for
myself on the weekends this Fall. I took Anatomy and
Phys. It was, well, exhausting working full time and
taking that course, but I got through it. John helped
me through the neuro section:) I still have some other
pre-reqs to take, but I think I'll do an internship
first before jumping into night classes.

John is wrapping up his PhD. We think he will graduate
sometime next summer. Time flies. Soon he'll be
starting to look for post-docs. Unfortunately, we must
leave Seattle for his next step. So visit us this year
while we are in the NW!
I will keep you posted on where we're heading when we
know. It's exciting and a bit scary.

Anyway, make plans to visit Seattle soon, and call me
when you are here. If you are in the vicinity, you
should still call because I will drive to see you.
XOXO
Rose


PS I saw the dinosaurs at the Smithsonian last weekend
in DC (I was there for a wedding). They were so cool!

PPS Please send books recommendations my way. I have
lots of reading time during my commute. I need some
fresh book ideas.

No comments: