Wednesday, October 3, 2007

asubversive WHAT?!

:)

Yo! Kyle my bro! is that a typo?

Do you mean asubversive as in: totally lacking subversion or do you mean a subversive as in: a type of subversive politics of replication?

And then to tweak our minds just a little further I have to ask you this; do you mean to say that you think there is actual intellectual work that goes into marketing for television shows and commercials and it isn't just the handing out of bread and circus tickets? (in fact just last night during a commercial break my sweetheart said to me: "do you ever get the feeling that this is all there to distract us from actual ISSUES?" to which my response was: "I don't just occasionally have that feeling, it is my primary assumption." What about our social structure ISN'T free loaves of bread and circus tickets? That's what I wonder.

Also, in case anyone is keeping track: I saw a commercial last night for a van (chevy maybe?) with the Partridge Family theme song as the background music. We laughed when it came on and sang along. (and just to tie this in to my bread and circus comments: everyone who knows the song, sing along with me: "Everyone get happy!!")

No comments: